A lot has changed over the last few months with the garden.
After building a large wooden structure to hold three levels of hydroponics, we started a single layer to test out water flow in our ebb-and-flow system. We started with coleus, basil, thyme, lavender, and marigolds (picture 1).
After a few weeks the plants were huge (picture 2)!
This last week we had to remove the coleus from the hydroponic system and transplant them to new pots as they were taking over all the space of the other plants (picture 3). The basil had also grown a ton and we harvested about 3-4 cups. We made some wonderful caprese with the basil - yum!
We then planted some more plants which have since sprouted (picture 4).
These are tomatoes, lettuce, and mint (which just sprouted today).
We also set up a second level of the hydroponic garden (picture 5) which has seedlings from our second round of plantings that include more basil, thyme, and lavender.
Finally, we have also added a few more sensors to the garden; now we are measuring temperature, humidity, light, water presence, and soil moisture using a BlockyTalky named Willow (picture 6).